History - Cape Cod Lodging | The Bradford
Skip Navigation Website Accessibility
The Bradford

History of The Bradford

 

Built by prosperous coal and lumber merchant Rueben Francis Brown in 1888 for his bride to be, Albina Farrington Brooks.
The three story main house, was one of the most impressive buildings on Bradford Street when originally built.
The grand staircase in the foyer was a wedding gift to Albina from her father, noted sea captain Newell Cyrenus Brooks.
Built by a cabinet maker in Salem, MA, the staircase then sailed across Cape Cod Bay on her fathers ship and was painstakingly constructed. World renowned photographer Joel Meyerowitz featured the staircase in his 1978 photobook Cape
Light.


 




 

The Bradford

We are committed to making our website ADA compliant.

Phone

508-487-0173

Address

41 Bradford Street
Provincetown, MA 02657

Email

info@thebradfordptown.com